Salmon Jerky Dog Treats: A DIY for Salmon Jerky
This is another DIY recipe that is super super easy. Does your dog love salmon? Do they enjoy being spoiled or do you enjoy spoiling your dog? Then you totally need to make your dog some salmon jerky dog treats. Your dog with totally thank you!
Salmon is a fatty fish and has a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. This makes it good for your dogs skin and coat health and supports a healthy immune system.
With this salmon jerky you can make as much or as little as you want. If you end up making too much salmon jerky, it isn’t an issue as it can easily be stored for up to 3 months in your fridge. I totally prefer making enough for about a month As if I use my oven it’s already on for an extended period of time but also my dehydrator holds a good amount of the salmon when sliced.
That’s it, just one simple ingredient.
Directions (with an oven):
- Preheat your oven to 200*F
- Freeze your salmon for about 10-20 minutes to make it easy to slice.
- Cut thin slices about 1/8 thick.
- Place the slices filets on your baking sheet. Use tin foil for an easy cleanup or simply spray your pan with non-stick spray.
- Bake for about 4-6 hours until the moisture is gone. You want it to bend but not break when it is twisted.
- Your jerky can last up to 3 months in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
Directions (with a dehydrator):
- Pat dry your salmon.
- Place the salmon on your dehydrator trays.
- Put the trays in the dehydrator at 140 degrees.
- Leave them in there for about 3-4 hours (times vary so check your manual).
- Salmon is done when it is chewy but not crunchy.
That’s it! Super simple and easy. This receipt is also good to give to cats although I’d recommend baking it in smaller bite size pieces instead of slices.
Does your dog drool over these salmon jerky dog treats? Let me know!