Peanut Butter Dog Treat
This is a super easy and simply treat you can make for your pup. We always want to give our dog new treats and things that we eat. Let’s be honest though, not all foods we eat are safe for dogs. Most foods aren’t good for your dog. The majority of the treats at the pet store don’t always have the best ingredients. I enjoy giving my dogs the best and most pure form of foods they can eat. This is why I have started making my own treats such as these peanut butter dog treat.
Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe:
- If your coconut oil isn’t already a liquid, you will need to melt it. In most cases, it isn’t a liquid already. Heat in a pot until it is fully melted.
- Add in your peanut butter, and cinnamon. Stir the mixture. It should be a thick liquid but still pourable.
- Make sure your silicone tray is on a sturdy cookie sheet or something similar so it doesn’t bend.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the silicone tray to fill the molds about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until set. The freezer will be quicker by far which is what I usually do.
*Coconut oil dose: Suggested use of coconut oil is 1 tsp per 10 pounds of your dog’s weight or 1 tbsp per 30 pounds of the dogs weight.
** Starting with about 1/4 dose of the coconut oil is recommended so your pup can adjust to having it. Coconut oil is good for your pup though. This can take several weeks depending on how often you give your pup the coconut oil. It can be done daily, a few days a week, or even weekly. Honestly, it’s totally up to you!