Ever since I found out my dog has certain food allergies I totally love making my own treats. I have 3 dogs who are constantly spoiled and getting lots of treats so I’m always buying them but love making them as well. This is a super easy DIY 3 ingredient dog treats you can make and you most likely already have these ingredients in your house.
My dogs love, I mean LOVE peanut butter. They go crazy for it. They are also always trying to get to my bananas so I thought I should totally make them some treats.
The first thing I did was take some oats (original/plain oatmeal) and ground it up. I used a blender but you can use a food processor as well. Next you beat the banana (large) and peanut butter in a bowl until smooth. I left the banana with a few chunks in it but they definitely are better if completely smooth.
Then you need to roll out the dough so you can use cookie cutters to put them on a tray to bake. I decided to use silicone moulds as they are simply easier to keep the treat whole (I also didn’t have any cute dog related cookie cutters).
- 1-1 1/2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 large banana
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Grind your oats to a powder using a blender or food processor
- In a bowl, beat the banana and peanut butter until smooth. The dough should then stick together without being super sticky.
- Sprinkle the powdered oats on your counter/workspace. Keep the dough about 1/4 thick once rolled out.
- Cut the dough to your desired shapes. I used a silicone mold shaped to paw prints
- Place the dough onto parchment paper which is on your baking pan.
- Bake the treats for about 13-16 minutes or until the edges start to turn a golden brown.
- Cool completely prior to placing them into an airtight container.
Make your own? I would love to see photos and hear how yours turn out.
There you have it, an easy and simple 3 ingredient dog treats. Let me know if you make these and what your dog thinks of them.