Does you dog love bananas? Have you tried a chewy banana treat? Most dogs simply love snacking on a fresh banana or really any sort of treat that has banana in it. Today I’m sharing a super simple and super easy banana treat. This banana dog treat is perfect and chewy. When I went into the pet store a few weeks ago, I saw a few banana chew options BUT they had so many preservatives in them.
These are super easy to make and you can use a dehydrator or an oven. The oven is the alternative method if you don’t have a dehydrator. I totally love using this dehydrator instead of turning my oven on unless I’m going to cook other foods for myself. If you do use your oven, the trick is setting your oven temperature to a low heat.
Kai and Wrangler go crazy for bananas! Bananas are good for your dog as they contain fiber and potassium. Typically you can give bananas as a treat or add it to their meal. Another great use of bananas, even these chewy ones are inside a KONG toy. Why make your dog dried bananas? They are chewy and sweeter than just giving them a fresh banana, making it a new treat.
Dried Chewy Banana Dog Treats
- Fresh Bananas
- Lemon (optional)
- Honey (optional)
The lemon keeps them from turning brown although I don’t always use it. Honey is great to add, typically you’ll see me adding it to about half the batch.
- Preheat your oven to 210*F (or use your dehydrator)
- Peel your bananas. Cut in half length-wise.
- Lay the slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper OR a silicone mat
- Brush them with the lemon juice (optional) to stop them from browning.
- Bake at 210*F for 1.5 hours (an hour and a half). Cooking them longer will cause them to become crunchy.
- Drizzle with honey (optional)
*If you have a small dog or simply want to give smaller piece you can cut the slices in half.
Happy Tasty Tuesday! Did you dog like these? Let me know below.